The inFocus Healthy Communities report released (24-10-2013) by the National Health Performance Authority demonstrates large variations in overweight and obesity prevalence in different communities around Australia. In NSW three-fold differences in obesity rates were observed between the most and least disadvantaged communities.
Overweight and obesity rates across Australia 2011 – 2012 – REPORT ISSUED BY NATIONAL HEALTH PERFORMANCE AUTHORITY
|NHPA -HC Report - Overweight and obesity rates across Australia 2011 - 2012|
For a series of responses from Australia’s NGOs and leaders see the following: (Downloadable from our media centre CLICK HERE)
- Obesity and smoking hotspots revealed in new report - MEDIA RELEASE ISSUED BY NATIONAL HEALTH PERFORMANCE AUTHORITY
- Medicare Local obesity data no surprise given the diabetes epidemic - MEDIA RELEASE ISSUED BY DIABETES AUSTRALIA
- Obesity: let's end the pretence and look to local primary care- MEDIA RELEASE ISSUED BY CONSUMERS HEALTH FORUM OF AUSTRALIA
- New report - more work needed on tobacco and obesity - MEDIA RELEASE ISSUED BY PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION OF AUSTRALIA
- Federal govt must commit to action plan on obesity prevention - MEDIA RELEASE ISSUED BY THE OBESITY POLICY COALITION
- Time for Queensland to step up fight against obesity - MEDIA RELEASE ISSUED BY HEALTH MINISTER LAWRENCE SPRINGBORG
- Local action on smoking rates and obesity levels vital - MEDIA RELEASE ISSUED BY THE AUSTRALIAN MEDICARE LOCAL ALLIANCE
- New data shows it's time to step up efforts on prevention - MEDIA RELEASE ISSUED BY CANCER COUNCIL VICTORIA
ANNUAL ‘COUCH POTATO’ AWARDS RANK STATE V STATE ON OBESITY PREVENTION – 2013 RESULTS REVEALED at ANZOS 2013
ANZOS has been benchmarking actions by states and territories in relation to actions on obesity prevention since 2008. The ASM has been the venue to announce the best performer. This year the winner of the Gold Medal was the ACT, with Tasmania receiving the lowest score.
Further details can be found in the attached media release. ANZOS will communicate the results to each of the jurisdictions and will then publish responses from government on the website.
Search ANZOS site:
We have 71 guests and no members online